英语笑话 | 苹果馅饼,来一口怎么样?

A new volunteer who had not quite learned his business, was on sentry duty. One night, he bought a pie from the canteen.
轮到一个对自己职责不甚了解的新志愿兵站岗。一天夜里,他从食堂买了一个馅饼。

As he sat on the grass eating pie, the major sauntered up in plainclothes. The sentry, not recognizing him, did not salute, and the major stopped and said, “What’s that you have there?”
当他坐在草地上吃馅饼时,一名身着便服的少校溜达过来。哨兵不认识他,就没有敬礼。少校停下来说:“你在那里吃什么?”

“Apple pie. Have a bite?” said the sentry, good-naturedly.
哨兵和气地说:“苹果馅饼,来一口怎么样?”

The major frowned.
少校皱了皱眉。

“Do you know who I am?” he asked.
“你知道我是谁?”他问。

“No,” said the sentry, “unless you’re major’s groom.”
“不知道,莫非你是少校的马夫?”

“Guess again.”
“再猜一次。”

“The barber from the village?”
“乡村理发员?”

“No.”
“不是。”

“Maybe,” the sentry laughed, “maybe you’re the major himself?”
哨兵笑道:“大概,大概你是少校本人吧?”

“That’s right. I am the major.”
“不错。我正是少校。”

The sentry scrambled to his feet. “Good gracious!” He exclaimed. “Hold the pie, will you, while I present arms!”
哨兵从地上爬起来,失声叫道:“天呐!帮我拿着馅饼,我要举枪敬礼!”