英文诗歌 | I have come to catch your voice 我来领会你的声音

I have come to catch your voice
我来领会你的声音

I have come to catch your voice,
我来领会你的声音,

Your constructed notes going out of the throat
你构思的音符,在喉口翻涌,

With dry, mechanical gestures,
干涩呆板的手势,

To catch the shaft
赶上这束光,

Although it is so straight and unbending;
尽管如此的直接而决然;

Then, when I open my mouth,
然后,当我开口亮嗓,

The light will come in an unwavering line.
光就会进来,成一条坚定的直线。

Then to catch night
随后赶上夜晚,

Wading through her dark cave on ferocious wings.
展开凶猛的翅翼,涉水蹚过她黑暗的洞穴。

Oh, eagle-mouthed,
哦,鹰嘴,

I have come to pluck you,
我来拔下你,

And take away your exotic plumage,
拔走你外来的羽毛,

Although your anger is not a slight thing,
尽管你的愤怒不是件小事,

Take you into my own place
带你进入我的领地,

Where the frost can never fall,
那里不见霜降,

Nor the petals of any flower drop.
更不见一片花瓣落下。

作者简介

狄兰·托马斯(Dylan Thomas,1914年10月27日—1953年11月9日),威尔士诗人、作家。最著名的作品包括十九行诗《不要温和地走进那个良夜》。