区别辨析make、cause、get、have与render

make、cause、get、have与render这些动词均有“使、使得”之意。

make : 普通用词,指强迫或劝诱他人做某事。

  • You can't make him go if he doesn't want to.
    如果他不想去,你不能强迫他去。
  • The vet put something down the dog's throat to make it vomit.
    兽医给狗灌了些东西,迫使它呕吐。

cause : 正式用词,侧重指使某事发生的原因。

  • The difficult driving conditions caused several accidents.
    艰难的驾驶条件引发了好几起事故。
  • Most heart attacks are caused by blood clots.
    大多数心脏病发作都是由于血液凝块所致。

get : 侧重指劝某人做某事,或指使某事物处于某种状态或产生某种结果。

  • Why don't you get Nicole to come to the party?
    你为什么不劝妮科尔一起来参加聚会?
  • He got his bag caught in the train doors as they were closing.
    火车门关闭时把他的包给卡在了门缝里。

have : 普通用词,指让某人做某事。

  • Who can we have as treasurer?
    我们让谁来主管财务?
  • If you happen to talk to him, have him call me.
    如果你碰巧能和他说话,让他给我打个电话。

render : 书面用词,多指因外界因素而使某人或某物处于某种状态。

  • His rudeness rendered me speechless.
    他的粗暴无礼让我无言以对。
  • New technology has rendered my old computer obsolete.
    新技术发展太快,我的旧电脑已经过时了。

(拓展学习:熟词僻义 | render 是一种怎样的表达?