区别辨析knowledge、learning与scholarship

knowledge、learning与scholarship这些名词均有“知识、学问”之意。

knowledge : 强调对全部已知或可知的知识的理解。

  • Her knowledge of English grammar is very extensive.
    她的英语语法知识很广博。
  • He has a limited knowledge of French.
    他对法语所知有限。
  • In this town there are only a couple of restaurants that to my knowledge (= judging from my personal experience and information) serve good food.
    据我所知,这个镇上只有几家餐馆菜品不错。

learning : 指通过研究、经验或他人传授而得到的知识;也指熟练掌握知识的过程,有时可指全部学识和智慧的总和。

  • His friends praised his generosity, wit, and learning.
    朋友们都很赞赏他的慷慨、智慧和学识。
  • a woman of great learning
    学识渊博的女子
  • I've seen through him; he's not a man of real learning.
    他这个人我看透了,没有什么真才实学。

scholarship : 侧重指经过深入学习、研究而获得的渊博的、价值较高的知识。

  • a work of great scholarship
    学术性很强的著作
  • a magnificent work of scholarship
    学术巨著
  • I want to take advantage of your lifetime of scholarship.
    我希望能够用到您一生的学识。
  • I know well how slight is my talent and how superficial my scholarship, and that I do not deserve so much praise.
    深知自己才疏学浅,不称揄扬。