区别辨析idea、concept、conception、thought、notion与impression

idea、concept、conception、thought、notion与impression这些名词均有“思想、观点、观念”之意。

idea : 最普通常用词,几乎适用于任何方面的思维活动。

  • I've had an idea - why don't we go to the coast?
    我有个主意——我们为什么不去海滨呢?
  • "Let's go swimming." "That's a good idea!"
    “我们去游泳吧。”“好主意!”
  • If you have any ideas for what I could buy Jack, let me know.
    我给杰克买什么东西好,如果你有什么主意请告诉我。

concept : 指从众多实例中通过概括、归纳而形成的对事物本质、全貌及其内部联系的概念或看法。

  • The concept of free speech is unknown to them.
    他们没有言论自由的概念。
  • It is very difficult to define the concept of beauty.
    很难给美这个概念下一个定义。

conception : 通常指个人或一些人所持有的具体概念或念头,也可指概念的形成过程,含一定的想象和感情色彩意味。

  • People from different cultures have different conceptions of the world.
    不同文化背景的人对世界持有不同的看法。
  • She has a conception of people as being basically good.
    她认为人性本善。

thought : 指以推理、思考等智力活动为基础的心理思维活动及其结果。

  • Ask me again tomorrow. I'll have to give it some thought.
    明天再问我吧,我还得考虑一下。
  • She doesn't give any thought to her appearance.
    她根本不注意自己的仪表。
  • Let me have your thoughts on that report by Friday.
    星期五或之前告诉我你对那份报告的看法吧。

notion : 指的是一种模糊的,变化的莫测的想法,无可靠的基础,未经深思熟虑的观点。

  • The show's director rejects the notion that seeing violence on television has a harmful effect on children.
    节目制片人们并不认为看到电视上的暴力场景会对孩子们造成不良影响。
  • I have only a vague notion of what she does for a living.
    我不太清楚她靠什么谋生。

impression : 指外部刺激在思想中所产生的印象。

  • I didn't get much of an impression of the place because it was dark when we drove through it.
    我对这地方印象不深,因为我们开车驶过时天已经黑了。
  • What was your impression of Charlotte's husband?
    你对夏洛特的丈夫印象如何?