区别辨析clean、clear、sweep、dust、mop、wipe与scrub

clean、clear、sweep、dust、mop、wipe与scrub这些动词均有“使干净”之意。

clean : 是这些动词中最常用的词,指将某物或某处的污物等清除掉、弄干净。

  • I'm going to clean the windows this morning.
    今天上午我要擦窗户。
  • You should always clean your teeth after meals.
    每次饭后你都应当清洁牙齿。

clear : 指清除不要的东西。

  • It took several hours to clear the road after the accident.
    事故发生后,用了好几个小时来清理道路。
  • I'll make the coffee if you'll clear the table.
    你要是去收拾桌子,我就去煮咖啡。
  • If you use this nasal spray, your nose should clear.
    用了这种鼻腔喷剂,你的鼻塞就会好一点。

sweep : 指用扫帚等进行清扫,也用作比喻。

  • sweep the floor
    扫地
  • The showroom had been emptied and swept clean.
    陈列室已经清理出来,打扫干净了。
  • The owner of the store was sweeping his floor when I walked in.
    当我走进商店的时候,店主正在扫地。

dust : 指将积落在物体表面的尘土抹去、掸掉或擦去以保干净。

  • I broke the vase while I was dusting.
    我擦灰尘时将花瓶打碎了。
  • Could you dust the sitting room?
    你把起居室擦一擦好吗?

mop : 侧重指用拖把擦洗地板,有时也指擦干净或擦去。

  • She wiped all the surfaces and mopped the floor.
    她把所有的陈设都擦干净,还拖了地板。
  • He took out a handkerchief to mop his brow (= to remove the sweat) .
    他拿出手绢来擦额头上的汗水。

wipe : 多指用布、纸等物把东西擦净,也指擦掉某物。

  • Do you have some paper towels that I can wipe the floor with?
    你有没有我可以用来擦地板的纸巾?
  • I'll just get a sponge and wipe the crumbs off the table.
    我这就去找块海绵把桌子上的碎屑擦掉。
  • Don't wipe your nose on your sleeve!
    别用袖子擦鼻子!
  • Someone has wiped their dirty hands on my nice clean towel!
    有人在我干净漂亮的毛巾上擦过脏手!

scrub : 指用硬刷、肥皂或水用力地擦洗某物。

  • She scrubbed (at) the mark on the wall for a long time, but it wouldn't come off.
    她花了很长时间擦洗墙上的印迹,但仍然没有擦掉。
  • He scrubbed the old saucepan clean, and it looked as good as new.
    他把旧的平底锅擦得很干净,看上去像新的一样。
  • I found him in the kitchen, scrubbing the floor.
    我见他在厨房擦地板呢。