英文诗歌 | A Dream 梦

A Dream

Once a dream did weave a shade,
有一回幻梦织了一片树荫

O'er my angel-guarded bed,
罩在我那天使守护的床顶,

That an emmet lost its way
我想我准是躺在草地,

Where on grass methought I lay.
看见一只迷路的蚂蚁。

Troubled, wildered and forlorn,
困惑、孤独、又苦恼,

Dark, benighted, travel-worn,
黑夜茫茫,也走得疲劳,

Over many a tangled spray.
多少纵横交错的草蔓上

All heart-broke I heard her say:
我听她哭得真心伤。

'Oh, my children, do they cry?
“我的孩子啊!他们在哭泣?

Do they hear their father sigh?
他们可听见他们天父叹息?

Now they look abroad to see,
忽儿他们到外面探望,

Now return and weep for me.'
忽儿又回去,为我而泪水汪汪。”

Pitying, I dropped a tear;
我流下一滴泪,替她可怜,

But I saw a glow-worm near,
但瞧见萤火虫就在身边,

Who replied, 'What wailing wight
他答道:“是哪个好哭鬼,

Calls the watchman of the night?
把我这守夜人唤来?

'I am set to light the ground,
“我就要照亮这块地面,

While the beetle goes his round.
这儿甲虫要漫游一遍;

Follow now the beetle's hum;
你且跟着甲虫的嗡嗡,

Little wanderer, hie thee home.'
小流浪者,快快转回家中。”

作者简介

威廉·布莱克(William Blake,1757年11月28日—1827年8月12日),英国第一位重要的浪漫主义诗人、版画家,英国文学史上最重要的伟大诗人之一,虔诚的基督教徒。