英文诗歌 | Introduction 序诗

Introduction
序诗

Piping down the valleys wild,
我吹着牧笛从荒谷下来,

Piping songs of pleasant glee,
我吹出欢乐的曲调,

On a cloud I saw a child
我看见云端上一个小孩,

And he laughing said to me:
他笑着对我说道:

'Pipe a song about a lamb.'
“吹一支羔羊的歌曲!”

So I piped with merry cheer;
我就快活地吹了起来。

'Piper, pipe that song again.'
“吹笛人,再吹吹那支曲,”

So I piped; he wept to hear.
我再吹,他听着流下泪来。

'Drop thy pipe, thy happy pipe;
“放下那笛子,欢乐的笛子,

Sing thy songs of happy cheer.'
把你那快乐的歌儿唱一唱;"

So I sung the same again,
我把那支歌唱上一次,

While he wept with joy to hear.
他听着,快活得泪儿汪汪。

'Piper, sit thee down and write
“吹笛人,坐下来写成一本诗,

In a book that all may read.'
好让大伙儿都能读到。”

So he vanished from my sight:
他说完就从我眼前消逝,

And I plucked a hollow reed,
我拿起一根空心的芦草,

And I made a rural pen,
用它做成土气的笔一支,

And I stained the water clear,
把它蘸在清清的水里,

And I wrote my happy songs
写下那些快乐的歌子,

Every child may joy to hear.
让个个小孩听得欢喜。

作者简介

威廉·布莱克(William Blake,1757年11月28日—1827年8月12日),英国第一位重要的浪漫主义诗人、版画家,英国文学史上最重要的伟大诗人之一,虔诚的基督教徒。