Song
歌
When early morn walks forth in sober grey,
披着灰衣的晨曦刚走在路上,
Then to my black-eyed maid I haste away;
我就去看我黑眸子的姑娘。
- 拓展学习:小词详解 | haste
When evening sits beneath her dusky bower,
当黄昏坐在幽暗的亭荫里,
And gently sighs away the silent hour,
对着沉默的时刻轻轻叹息,
The village bell alarms—away I go,
村里的钟也响了,我就出门,
And the vale darkens at my pensive woe.
山谷由于我的忧愁而变阴森。
- 拓展学习:小词详解 | woe
To that sweet village, where my black-eyed maid
我的眼睛望着那个好村庄:
Doth drop a tear beneath the silent shade,
在那恬静的树荫下,我的姑娘
I turn my eyes; and, pensive as I go,
洒过一滴泪;当我郁郁而行,
Curse my black stars and bless my pleasing woe.
我诅咒厄运,又喜于我的伤心。
Oft when the summer sleeps among the trees,
往常,当夏日在树荫里安眠,
Whispering faint murmurs to the scanty breeze,
而树叶对着微风低语喃喃,
I walk the village round; if at her side,
我就绕村徘徊;要是在她身边
A youth doth walk in stolen joy and pride,
有个少年偷到骄矜和喜欢,
I curse my stars in bitter grief and woe
我会悲痛地诅咒我的星宿:
That made my love so high, and me so low.
这使得我的爱和我天地悬殊。
O should she e'er prove false, his limbs I'd tear,
噢,要是她负心,我就要把他
And throw all pity on the burning air;
碎尸万段,把温情踩在脚下!
I'd curse bright fortune for my mixed lot,
我要为我的坎坷诅咒人的福气,
- 拓展学习:熟词僻义 | lot 是一种什么命运?
And then I'd die in peace and be forgot.
然后静静死去,然后被人忘记。
作者简介
威廉·布莱克(William Blake,1757年11月28日—1827年8月12日),英国第一位重要的浪漫主义诗人、版画家,英国文学史上最重要的伟大诗人之一,虔诚的基督教徒。
译者简介
穆旦(1918年4月5日—1977年2月26日),原名查良铮,曾用笔名梁真。祖籍浙江省海宁市袁花镇,出生于天津。现代主义诗人、翻译家。
穆旦于20世纪40年代出版了《探险队》《穆旦诗集(1939~1945)》《旗》三部诗集,将西欧现代主义和中国诗歌传统结合起来,诗风富于象征寓意和心灵思辨,是“九叶诗派”的代表性诗人。20世纪80年代之后,许多现代文学专家推其为现代诗歌第一人。