英文诗歌 | Song 歌 (其四)

Song

I love the jocund dance,
我爱快乐的舞蹈

The softly-breathing song,
和轻轻吟唱的歌曲,

Where innocent eyes do glance,
纯洁的目光在闪射,

And where lisps the maiden's tongue.
少女咬着舌头低语。

I love the laughing vale,
我爱欢笑的山谷,

I love the echoing hill,
我爱山中的回音缭绕,

Where mirth does never fail,
那儿欢乐永不中断,

And the jolly swain laughs his fill.
小伙子尽情地笑闹。

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I love the pleasant cot,
我爱幽静的茅屋,

I love the innocent bower.
我爱无忧的亭荫,

Where white and brown is our lot,
我们的园地褐白交错,

Or fruit in the midday hour.
像日午果子的鲜明。

I love the oaken seat
我爱那橡木座位

Beneath the oaken tree,
在高大的橡树荫下,

Where all the old villagers meet,
所有的老农聚起来

And laugh our sports to see.
哈哈笑着,看我们玩耍。

I love our neighbours all,
我爱我所有的邻人——

But, Kitty, I better love thee;
可是呵,凯蒂,我更爱你:

And love them I ever shall;
我将要永远爱他们,

But thou art all to me.
但你是一切加在一起。

作者简介

威廉·布莱克(William Blake,1757年11月28日—1827年8月12日),英国第一位重要的浪漫主义诗人、版画家,英国文学史上最重要的伟大诗人之一,虔诚的基督教徒。

译者简介

穆旦(1918年4月5日—1977年2月26日),原名查良铮,曾用笔名梁真。祖籍浙江省海宁市袁花镇,出生于天津。现代主义诗人、翻译家。

穆旦于20世纪40年代出版了《探险队》《穆旦诗集(1939~1945)》《旗》三部诗集,将西欧现代主义和中国诗歌传统结合起来,诗风富于象征寓意和心灵思辨,是“九叶诗派”的代表性诗人。20世纪80年代之后,许多现代文学专家推其为现代诗歌第一人。