英文诗歌 | Song 歌 (其一)

Song

How sweet I roamed from field to field
我在田野里快乐地游荡,

And tasted all the summer's pride,
遍尝到夏日的一切骄矜;

Till I the prince of love beheld,
直到我看见爱情之王

Who in the sunny beams did glide.
随着太阳的光线而飘行。

He showed me lilies for my hair,
他把百合花插到我发间,

And blushing roses for my brow;
鲜红的玫瑰结在我前额;

He led me through his gardens fair,
他领我走过他的花园,

Where all his golden pleasures grow.
那儿长满他金色的欢乐。

With sweet May dews my wings were wet,
我的翅膀沾着五月的露,

And Phoebus fired my vocal rage.
菲伯燃起了我的歌喉; 【菲伯:太阳神,司诗歌及艺术】

He caught me in his silken net,
他用丝网突然将我网住,

And shut me in his golden cage.
就把我在他的金笼拘留。

He loves to sit and hear me sing,
他喜欢坐下听我歌唱,

Then laughing sports and plays with me—
唱完了,又和我笑闹不休,

Then stretches out my golden wing,
他会拉开我金色的翅膀,

And mocks my loss of liberty.
嘲弄我何以失去了自由。

作者简介

威廉·布莱克(William Blake,1757年11月28日—1827年8月12日),英国第一位重要的浪漫主义诗人、版画家,英国文学史上最重要的伟大诗人之一,虔诚的基督教徒。

译者简介

穆旦(1918年4月5日—1977年2月26日),原名查良铮,曾用笔名梁真。祖籍浙江省海宁市袁花镇,出生于天津。现代主义诗人、翻译家。

穆旦于20世纪40年代出版了《探险队》《穆旦诗集(1939~1945)》《旗》三部诗集,将西欧现代主义和中国诗歌传统结合起来,诗风富于象征寓意和心灵思辨,是“九叶诗派”的代表性诗人。20世纪80年代之后,许多现代文学专家推其为现代诗歌第一人。